Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays: Top 10 Books for Santa to Bring Me

It's another Tuesday, and today at The Broke and the Bookish, we're talking about which books we'd like Santa to bring us.  Right now, I'm happy that Santa (AKA Toronto Hydro) brought us power and heat for Christmas, but if he wants to bring some books while he's here, I'd like:

1.  The Complete Worst-Case Survival Handbook.  Apparently I don't know what I'm doing in a power outage, let alone a "worst-case" scenario. :-)

2.  The Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov.  My dad is a huge Asimov fan, and I'd really like to read more of him.

3.  Gold Mountain Blues by Ling Zhang.  I've had my eye on this one for a while.

4.  Babel No More by Michael Erard.  It's about people who are able to learn like 20 languages, otherwise known as my heroes.

5. and 6. Dreams of Joy and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See.

7.  Austenland by Shannon Hale.  The movie made me laugh until I cried.

8.  The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.  It seems like everyone has read this already, and I'm terribly curious.

9.  Salinger by David Shields.  I was a bit obsessed with J.D. Salinger in high school and find it fascinating that he managed to stay a hermit for so long.

10.  Margaret Thatcher:  The Authorized Biography by Charles Moore.  Just in case you needed more evidence that I am extremely nerdy...

Merry Christmas, Everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I want to see the movie Austenland SO BAD, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I loved the book though! Great picks and Merry Christmas :)

    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you read The Book Thief before you see the movie! I haven't gotten a chance to see the movie yet, but the book was great.
    Check out my TTT list: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete