1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: Duh, this is my all-time favourite. I melt at, "My affections and wishes are unchanged."
2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: A romance that is awkward and real and happens without the airbrushing of most teenage love stories.
3. Persuasion by Jane Austen: I adore this love story, and the fact that second chances are possible.
4. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: Yes, this was on my list last week. It's a cry and swoon kinda book.
5. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell: The slow growth of love among two who seem like complete opposites. I love it.
6. The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje: I read this about 15 years ago, but I remember it being incredibly romantic.
And a couple of guys I've swooned over:
7. Po in Graceling (by Kristin Cashore): He fights well, he's sensitive, he's funny.... Sure, he has a secret that might bother you, but he's pretty awesome.
8. Jeremy Dragon in Just As Long As We're Together (by Judy Blume): Jeremy Dragon exemplified the hot older boy for me when I was about 11. He's got a chartreuse jacket and a girlfriend, and he's even smart enough to take advanced math.