Pages

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."
--Martin Luther

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Spring TBR List

Whew, is it almost spring yet? The clocks have been changed, the robins are chirping, and I'm counting down every so (im)patiently until the end of term (3.5 weeks), so I guess it's nearly spring. This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic asks us to list what books we plan to read this spring. I've been doing a winter project of reading books on my Kindle that I purchased and forgot about, so I'm going to continue that until the end of term, so my first few are from that short list.

Kindle books:
1. Dreaming in Hindi by Katherine Russell Rich

2. The Plum Tree by Ellen Marie Wiseman

3. Allan Quartermain by H. Ryder Haggard

4. The Thinking Reed by Rebecca West

Library books:
5. Quantum Night by Robert Sawyer: My dad met this author at a book festival once, and we've been fans ever since. I'm excited for his new book.

6. Moloka'i by Alan Brennert: I have no idea where I found out about this title, but I put an Overdrive hold on and now I'm next in line. Woo for sort-of-surprise reads!

7. My Age of Anxiety by Scott Stossel: I saw this on display and the title grabbed me. I've been wrestling with depression and anxiety over the past year, so it seems interesting.

Other:
8. Kim by Rudyard Kipling: In 2013, I found the Classics Club blog and made a list of 50 classics I'd like to read by June, 2018. This book is for the March-through-May spin, so I need to finish it by May ?

9. Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein: I'm not going to lie. I have no idea why I added this to my TBR somewhat recently, but since it's near the top, I'm assuming there was some reason for it. I'm going to guess my sci-fi loving dad had something to do with it.

10. Tor! The Story of German Football by Ulrich Hesse-Lichtenberger: In anticipation of the European championship this coming June. :) 


3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading Tor!, have fun reading that book =D (I only wished they had updated it recently to include their recent tournaments, but anyway, we know what happened ;)) Happy reading!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I saw Tor on your blog, so thanks for the recommendation! I think I'll enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. I love Kim! Fascinating story. Nice list :-)

    ReplyDelete